Arrows can be a useful tool for adding flow to your infographics, or to add some nice visuals to an eLearning module. In the case of eLearning modules, if using storyline, you may not be satisfied with the default arrow styles offered or you may not want to use an image from the internet. Instead, you can use Adobe Illustrator to create your own arrows. Here are 3 different ways that you can create arrows using Adobe Illustrator.
Drawing Arrows Using the Pen Tool and Stroke Window:
1. Select the Pen Tool and draw a line (straight or curved)
2. With the line selected, open the “Stroke” window by either going clicking the “Window” tab and then selecting “Stroke” or in the lines “Properties” tab on the right side of the screen, select “Stroke”
3. In the Stroke pop-up window go to the “Arrowheads” section and select your Tail and Point from the dropdowns
4. Your line should now be an arrow
Draw Arrow Using the Symbol Library:
1. To open the “Symbols” popup window, go to the “Window” tab and select “Symbols” from the dropdown
2. Once the symbol popup window opens, click the dropdown menu icon on the top right corner of the window, and from there select “Open Symbol Library”, and click “Arrows”
3. Once the “Arrows” library pops up, simply drag and drop the arrow you would like to use onto your workspace
Drawing Arrows Using the Brush Tool:
1. Go to the “Windows” tab and select “Brushes” from the dropdown
2. In the “Brushes” library click the dropdown button at the top right of the window, select “Open Brush Library”, and in that dropdown menu select “Arrows” here you should be greeted with three library options, Special, Standard, and Patters
3. Now use the “Brush Tool” to draw your arrows
If you would like to see more tutorials on the different features of Adobe Illustrator, or you are interested in eLearning technology click here to visit our website.
#adobe #illustrator #arrows #elearning #infographic #etraining #trainingmodule #torontoelearningcompany #customelearningandtraining #elearningvendortoronto #customelearning #trainingcompanytoronto #torontoelearning #elearning #toronto #elearningcompany #elearningvendor #torontoelearningvendor #eLearningcustomdevelopmentsolutions #customelearningdevelopment