eLearning is trending everywhere, universities, businesses, corporations, etc. Irrespective of their scale, they are constantly implementing an eLearning model to their business. They are all starting to realize how impactful and rewarding it can really be. It helps them become better and stand out from the competition, simply because it provides their people with outstanding opportunities to learn and improve their skills.
As people learn and grow, they feel more satisfied with their jobs /studies /projects and they want to push harder and contribute to their personal and overall success of the business. Here are some reasons why adapting to an eLearning model becomes important:
1. Saves time and speeds up the training process - eLearning can significantly reduce employee training time. It typically requires 40-60% less employee time than learning in a traditional classroom setting. It enables much faster delivery because employees can access eLearning material anytime they want, and anywhere they are, setting their own pace and training whenever they have spare time. They don’t need to travel to their training events or stay after work to engage in training, which additionally saves time.
2. Reduces costs involved in training - eLearning requires only an online training software that is not just cost-effective, but also enables employees to train at home. Cost reduction is often the main reason why companies switch from traditional classroom-based training to eLearning. In-house training tends to be very expensive, primarily because of the need for a professional trainer who will deliver it and who will help employees improve their knowledge and skills.
3. Increased productivity - Because elearning is not bound by geography or time, training’s impact on production can be controlled by training people during down times at work, while on-the-go, or during some spare time at home. Learning in their free time will lead to better performance and higher efficiency, especially because online eLearning software will enable them to revisit any information they need, whenever they need it.
4. Retaining the knowledge - The combination of multimedia, interactive content and instructional design can produce a very rich learning experience that is retainable. You can include gamification and provide them with interactive quizzes and activities that enable real-time feedback. Surveys suggest, eLearning can increase knowledge retention rate by 25-60%, simply because it is much more engaging than learning in a traditional classroom setting.
5. Better collaboration and communication - If you incorporate some of the tools that allow collaboration and conversation, you can capture organizational knowledge that is available for future learners. This software will enable your employees to communicate with you and among one another in real-time, which will lead to increased engagement and an empowering learning environment. Real-time collaboration and feedback provided by eLearning will help you effectively address everyone’s strengths and weaknesses, and deal with skill gaps.
The benefits thus discussed, suggest that eLearning has very quickly become an essential, especially since the last 8-10 years. We hope your business /organization is on track. Let’s get in touch.